Steampunk is best described as “Jules Verne.” It is a combination of the old (Victorian era) and the new (Information Age), connected via creativity and resourcefulness. The successful are not the ones with the resources, but the people who are resourceful.
I am changing topics today, and you can choose to ignore this post (at your peril). I have learned about solar flares, which will result in power outages, lasting months (three months, six months, a year, a decade, or more). Goths who focus effort on understanding the Steampunk, Victorian era, or Renaissance era lifestyle (which goes way beyond clothing) will be well prepared (one hopes). If you choose to doubt the possibility of solar flares even after clicking on the link below, consider the risk from a risk management standpoint. Even if you believe the probability is low, the consequences are severe.
The reason why I’m telling you this is because there can be no revolution if there are no people to put it into action. I am a survivor. Are you? Most men do not plan to fail, but they do fail to plan. Failing to plan in this situation equals death, period.
It will be difficult to acquire help after the fact since it will be every man for himself. Since I like doomsday talk about as much as [insert the least desirable thing here], my positive spin is that if you take immediate action now then you’ll be fine.
To learn more, Google “WTSHTF” (when the shit hits the fan) or “TEOTWAWKI” (the end of the world as we know it), then weed out the chaff from the wheat.
Related articles about Steampunk
- Huck Finn Gone Steampunk? (thedailysouth.southernliving.com)
- Denis Medri’s Steampunk Spiderman (awesome-robo.com)
- San Francisco Architect Designs an Elaborate Steampunk Bathroom (laughingsquid.com)
- Steampunk (ghostofawriter.wordpress.com)
- Steampunk Colorado – not a place, but a state of mind (linens2lace.wordpress.com)
- Get Your ABCs Steampunked – Steampunk Alphabet Book (geekasms.com)