Do you ever get a nagging feeling that you should be doing something more important than what you are doing most of the time? I have had this feeling, and it’s been getting under my skin. You see, I have a pet project that I have worked on for some time. It is not perfect, but I have finally come to the realization that, with the limited time I have to work on such a time-consuming project, it may never be perfect, so I have decided to finally share it with you even though it’s still (and forever) in progress. I give to you Lavoce’s Directory: the most comprehensive and up-to-date (as in this decade, not the ’80s) Goth directory ever to be found on the Internet. The formatting is not the best and it’s not always in alphabetical order, but it is more useful for reviving the Goth community on the Internet than it is on my desktop. Even this introduction might not be the greatest introduction to such an amazing time-consuming project, but I hope that you can get some use out of it. Here you go!
If you have suggestions on how I can improve it, please email me at email@example.com. After I have posted the PDF online, I will be abandoning the PDF and will be moving it gradually to a software that will do a better job of formatting the directory for the Web. See the outline I have here: www.stylefreedominfomediary.com. I urge you to check in on my progress, but please be patient.
Fashion freedom is the final frontier for anti-discrimination laws. We all agree that you can’t change your skin color, age, or gender (unless you try really, really hard and are determined). Many agree that you can’t change sexual orientation today. However, not everyone agrees that you can’t change your fashion style. I argue that clothing and body modifications reflect personality and culture, which are both ingrained and are both aspects of one’s identity, as are the intricately connected values and priorities that come with them. The suppression of freedom of expression in a country that values freedom of expression, and the denial thereof, points to an entire society’s complete hypocrisy. A suppression of personality, culture, and identity, as well as the belief that certain people must conform and alter who they are not only to be liked, but to survive, destroys not just a country, but an entire world.
Lavoce’s new, simpler logo is representative of Lavoce’s changes.
Lavoce has gone through many concept changes since 2010. The original idea of Lavoce was that it should be a bookstore, then the concept changed to relationship coaching, and now the concept of Lavoce is as the producer of the world’s largest alternative lifestyles print directory plus the potential to evolve into the cross between a temp agency and consulting agency.
But even though the concept of Lavoce changes, the mission and focus has always remained the same. No matter how much Lavoce (and its logo) changes, it will always have the same soul—a soul filled with compassion for the downtrodden and oppressed.
The attack on who we are as human beings is more destructive than an attack on our race, age, or gender for it goes to the very root of us and what makes our life worth living. It is the ego’s final push to make us all pliable, willing subjects to an authority’s rule. The suppression of our style is different from any other type of discrimination that was brought to light before for it does not seek to contain us in a box, but to move us from our natural state of being into a way of being that seems natural for others who are not ourselves. We must not kowtow. We must not give in.
I have discovered a new nonprofit ally of the cause in the Sophie Lancaster Foundation. We now have a plan.
With the four Ss we can make our dreams a reality:
- Support Tattoos and Piercings at Work (STAPAW): STAPAW can make sure the fashion-oriented are legally protected.
- The Sophie Lancaster Foundation (S.O.P.H.I.E.): S.O.P.H.I.E. can work on eradicating hate crimes against the fashion-oriented.
- The Silver Ribbon Coalition : The Silver Ribbon Coalition will help those who need help getting back on their feet so they can fight. It’s possible but would be harder to fight if you’re dealing with depression, abuse, addiction, etc.
- Stickers: So we can show the world we’re here without having to risk our being seen in case it would put a bill-paying job at risk.
To remember why we’re doing this, take a look at the typical office dress code. The below only covers casual business attire when authorized.
To convey a positive image to customers and guests, our employees are required to dress in appropriate traditional business or, when authorized, business casual attire.
Appropriate Business Casual Attire
- Blouses, collared shirts
- Sweaters, turtlenecks
- Slacks (khakis, chinos)
- Skirt, culottes, or skorts, (with the fullness of a skirt)
- Blazer, sport coat
- Casual shoes
- Collared shirts
- Sweaters, turtlenecks
- Slacks (khakis, chinos)
- Blazer, sport coat
- Casual shoes
- Jeans of any color
- Bicycle pants, leggings, stretch pants, spandex Warm-up or exercise clothes
- Sundresses (spaghetti straps, strapless, backless, halter)
- Halter or tank tops
- Revealing or low-cut blouses or dresses
- Clothing which exposes one’s midriffs
- Athletic shoes (sneakers, tennis)
- Beach shoes, flip-flops
- Torn, cut, worn, or frayed clothing
To make the world suitable for freaks and make freaks suitable for the world.
Before I start such a long journey into researching the ins and outs, I believe I will write a book that can be used as the textbook, Formal Freaks. The plan is to make punks, Goths, tattooed people, skaters and outcasts into professional punks, grown-up Goths, trusted tattooed people, sharp-suited skaters, and generally, corporate outcasts. It will be for the people who are outcasts that want a better paying job to pay their bills and increase their standard of living.
Don’t get too excited. This entire project is still many years in the making, but it will get done eventually because…
- Book Review: Her Sky Cowboy (goddessinthestacks.wordpress.com)
- HIT or MISS: Glam Goth (ladycodeblog.com)
- Book Review: Half-Sick of Shadows- David Logan (alysinunderland.wordpress.com)
- Clear the Confusion about Ancient and Modern ‘Goths’ (gothicdressup.wordpress.com)
- Goth by Accident (tashasface.wordpress.com)
This is a bit different from what I normally post, but a local friend asked me to post this as it is important to increase awareness of this issue.
Please read the following links in order, then make your own conclusions.
1. Read “What’s Really Happening in Syria” by Foster Gamble audio transcript from Thrive Movement (www.thrivemovement.com): http://www.thrivemovement.com/whats-really-happening-syria-new-world-order-assault-middle-east.blog#transcript
2. Read “Aaron Alexis and Extremely Low Frequency Attacks: Truth or Fiction?” from The Washington Times Communities: http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/freedom-press-not-free/2013/sep/26/aaron-alexis-and-extremely-low-frequency-attacks-t/
3. Read “Capitol Suspect Miriam Carey Believed Obama Electronically Monitored Her” from ABC News: http://abcnews.go.com/US/capitol-suspect-miriam-carey-believed-obama-electronically-monitored/story?id=20470498
4. Read “Miriam Carey’s Family Says DC Chase Suspect Was Not Delusional” from Associated Press: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/07/miriam-carey-family-sister-not-delusional_n_4057556.html
5. Read “Two DC Attacks and a Series of Unfortunate Coincidence” from Canada FreePress: http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/58379
6. Read “Why I Believe Jesus Will Return to Earth During My Lifetime” at www.endtime.com: http://www.endtime.com/blog/why-i-believe-jesus-will-return-in-my-lifetime/
- My Miriam Carey Moment: A Cry for Help (huffingtonpost.com)
- Aaron Alexis and extremely low frequency attacks (gangstalkingbelgium.wordpress.com)
- Mother of Miriam Carey: ‘She Was Depressed’ (washington.cbslocal.com)
- Astonishing Silence Greets Shooting Death of Miriam Carey by Police at Capitol (nysun.com)
- Use of force to be studied in DC police chase (bostonherald.com)
- Miriam Carey Woman In DC Chase, Had Passport, Other Items But No Weapon In Car (huffingtonpost.com)
- Use of force to be studied in DC police chase (wave3.com)
- Aaron Alexis believed he was being controlled by extremely low frequency radio waves (seeker401.wordpress.com)
- Aaron Alexis, Miriam Carey And John Constantino – OpEd (eurasiareview.com)
- Use of force to be studied in DC police chase (sfgate.com)
We’re there wherever you are. For the first time, Lavoce has a mobile site, which you can make into your very own mobile app. All you need to do is type in http://m.stylefreedominfomediary.com on your phone (if you forget, don’t worry because you’ll be redirected). If you have an iPhone (I know a lot of you just went out to buy the iPhone 5 and want an opportunity to use it), then just press the icon at the bottom of the screen and select “Add to Home Screen.”
- iPhone App of the Week: OPI’s Try-It-On Feature Goes Mobile (bellasugar.com)
- Kenectiv, LLC Developing Affordable Mobile Apps for Businesses (pr.com)
- Download Our New PopSugar Network Mobile App – It’s Your Last Week to Enter and Win Fabulous Prizes! (fabsugar.com)
- The Lone Beader Official Mobile App (thelonebeader.com)